Wednesday, January 9, 2013

52-Week Money Saving Challenge

This idea is something a co-worker brought to my attention to this morning and it's gone viral. Probably because it's such a simple and fun way to save money. The challenge is to put a manageable amount of money into savings each week. $1 for week 1, $2 for week 2...you get the point. So at end year-end you would have $1378 if you've contributed every week for a year. A perfect amount for Christmas/Holiday spending or just a nice cushion to your savings account.


This concept could also work in reverse so you save the larger amounts first. That way you're putting in less during the (expensive) holidays. I'll be starting this challenge in reverse today!

I've include a chart below so you can really visualize how your money is going to start adding up.



I've also decided to include a scale graphic with my posts. I'll gauge how easy or hard I think the blog post's savings idea would be for the average person to do. So hopefully helpful. And pretty.









No comments:

Post a Comment