Monday, February 18, 2013

When the car starts smoking...


And a nicotine patch just won't work. (laughs?) 

It has been a month of surprises. The bad kind. The type that seems to come around the most often. The car needs a new serpentine belt. The dogs are due for their rabies shots. I thought I didn't take out my contacts, rub my eyes raw and had to go to the eye doctor the next day. Etc, etc, etc.

How do we work unexpected expenses into our month budget and not dip into savings? The only answer is to spend less. Remember I was bragging we could save up to 64% of our monthly income if we wanted to? That theory is about to be tested. I've felt like saving has come at a relatively low cost for us. Yes, we're in a good situation right now because we've worked hard to eliminate debt and have a low cost of living.

But we do a lot of things we want to do. I suppose that is a good thing. However, that means I never really feel the pinch. I'm going to have to actively say "no" to a good portion of my wants if we're going to maximize our savings this month. The first step is knowing what you have to do. The second step is doing it. What I find the most interesting/fun about saving is it forces you to be creative. So here's to the rest of February being frugal. Let the creativity begin!

FYI - I'll be posting the creative money saving ideas I have this month and my total savings. Extra incentive!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing such great information.
    It has help me in finding out more detail about life insurance

    ReplyDelete